IFCPP is committed to helping maintain your privacy. We deeply appreciate that you’ve trusted us with personal information and we are committed to treating it confidentially. Below are specific guidelines describing how your information is used.
IFCPP does not collect personal information without your knowledge. The information that we may collect online includes:
- Contact Information: Name, organization, complete address, phone, email address.
- Payment Information: Method of payment, credit card or service ID, essential verification information.
- Shipping Information: Name, organization, complete shipping address, and phone number.
- Promotional Information: How you found us, what prompted your interest, and your areas of interest.
- Survey Information: Contact information and demographics such as postal/zip code, age level, educational background, website preferences, etc.
- Correspondence Information: Suggestions, comments, messages, questions, and requests for further correspondence.
- Usage Information: IP address, browser type, operating system, date stamps, etc. (see Logs below).
Information we may collect at events or from visitors of the IFCPP includes (but is not limited to):
- Names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Detailed contact/shipping information for subscription to magazines, journals, and newsletters.
How We Use Your Information
IFCPP is extremely careful with the personal information you provide. We will use it to:
- Respond to your correspondence, questions, comments, suggestions, thoughts, opinions, requests, concerns, or ideas to fulfill a resource request.
- Process your request for resources from our online store.
- Contact you to confirm specific requests, deliver email newsletters you request, inform you of new products and special offers, or provide information we think may be of particular interest to you.
- Add your email address to our email newsletters lists with prior consent.
- Continually update, develop, design, and customize the content of our website to meet the needs, interests, and requests of our audience.
- Publish comments and testimonials in IFCPP materials with reference to your name and/or location, provided that permission to do so is provided by you.
- Publish comments and testimonials in IFCPP materials without reference to your name but with reference to your initials and state, if permission to reference your name has not been provided by you.
- We will always provide a way for you to be removed from our mailing lists.
IFCPP never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges any personal information with other organizations with the exception of IFCPP Chapters, and Associate or other members which help sponsor conferences or other events. IFCPP never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges the identity of its members to non-members.
While IFCPP contracts with printing, credit card verification (by bank), marketing, auditing, address correction, and other like firms to help us in our work, use of your personal information by such firms is limited to the internal purposes of IFCPP.
Protection of IFCPP and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of IFCPP, our constituents, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IFCPP currently accepts the following payment methods for goods & services: Visa, MasterCard, check, cashier's check, money order. All payments must be made in USD$ funds only. Please note that fees are assessed for all refunds to cover service charges. Credit card refunds must be processed within 120 days of the original charge.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We utilize industry-standard secure server connections during the product ordering and donation process to ensure that your personal data is encrypted and secure.
IFCPP uses log files to track trends, activity, and improve the overall user experience. These log files contain information about what domain you are coming from (i.e., AOL.com, Google.com), what browser software and system software you use, and what pages were visited on our site. This information is shared among IFCPP employees, leadership, and select vendors and is archived for analysis in the future.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and improve your experience by providing features such as country customization and country-customized online stores.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to change how your browser handles cookies. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of our website and the vast majority of others, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
The hyperlinks on this website are provided as an additional resource only and should not be seen as an endorsement, approval, or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites accessed through our site. No inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be inferred that IFCPP is connected with, operates, or controls these websites.
Maintenance of Information
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email, or postal address), or if you no longer desire to receive email updates etc., we provide a way to correct, update, or delete/deactivate such information. Click here to update your physical address. Click here to update your email address for newsletters. To remove yourself from any email lists, click on the unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of every email you receive from us.
Changes to this Statement
IFCPP reserves the right to make changes to this privacy statement and its associated policies at any time and requests that you review this statement periodically for updates.
If you have questions or concerns about any information on this page, please feel free to contact us.
Program Content, Handouts & Certification
The information presented in online educational sessions and related materials is intended to assist in protection planning to deal with events that may occur in any institution. None of the policies or procedures provided on this site, is intended, nor should be considered to be legal advice. Managers are advised to review all new policies with competent legal consul, familiar with state and local laws, before initiating recommended procedures.
The International Foundation for Cultural Property Protection, individual presenters/instructors, and their associated organizations assume no responsibility, nor liability for acts resulting from the use of this material, or information presented in IFCPP training materials. Content of each session included as part of national certification programs (CIPS, CIPS II, CIPM, CIPM II, CIPT) or as independent sessions are presented as general guidelines, suggested for most situations experienced in cultural property protection. No one can, however, predict conditions that may exist affecting any given situation, such as conditions of equipment, operating environment, or the intentional or unintentional acts of individuals or groups. Program participants are advised to consider the recommendations and guidelines offered as the opinions of leader in each respective field, which may require some revision or adjustment according to the needs of the individual institution.
The educational and training information contained on this site is presented by multiple presenters under multiple copyrights. All rights are reserved. Participants may reproduce and distribute said material for professional purposes only, in accordance with all copyright laws. Any publication or distribution for monetary gain, or for use in external training or presentations requires the direct authorization and written permission of the author. Material presented without author identification is copyrighted by the IFCPP and requires similar authorization.
IFCPP certification candidates authorize IFCPP to conduct a reasonable inquiry into said applicant’s background. Certification candidates understand that a criminal history search may be performed by a national search agency, and that personal information shall be kept strictly confidential. Criminal convictions may prevent candidates from being eligible for certification. IFCPP is one of the only organizations to perform this search prior to certification. Each certification applicant must also complete required coursework and a written examination in order to qualify for certification.
The IFCPP, its officers, instructors, and advisors, assume no responsibility for the acts of its members, or persons holding certification. IFCPP can in no way assure that criminal history searches are successful in determining any or all convictions. Nor can IFCPP be assured in any way that persons completing required course work will act accordingly in any given situation, or that recommended procedures are applicable in any situation.
IFCPP national certification programs and professional development materials are produced by the International Foundation for Cultural Property Protection, a Colorado 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation. IFCPP is managed and operated by Layne Consultants International, Inc.